Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A 5 year old's perspective on today

Ok, so it has been an embarrassingly long time since I last blogged. I noticed that it was since Halloween....I'll justify it and say since I started growing a beard, I have not blogged. I have many things to catch up on, but wanted to start with something my wife called me to tell me about this afternoon.

When my5 year-old, Noah, got home from school this afternoon, the news was on and was showing the festivities from the inauguration today. He looked at them and asked Erica why they were having a party. She told him that today we had a new president. He asked her (in his very unique dialect) "For President Barack Obama?" She said "yes." And Noah, who is an AVID Nascar fan, responded "Ohhhh. I liked that Kyle Busch. He was a good president...Kyle Busch." That's right...it's less than a month from the Daytona 500 and Noah is in FULL Nascar mode already.

Seriously though, it amazes me the perspective that a 5 year-old can provide to you sometimes. Comedically, I am somewhat in awe that he can also take any subject or event and within 5 seconds, directly draw an analogy to Nascar or Star Wars.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Kyle Busch as president... I can think of a few guys around here that would very much like that! Thanks for the story.