Monday, July 28, 2008

Erica's Fish Story


Billy has graciously decided that he would let me be a contributor to his blog. I decided my first post would be about something most people don't know about me. One of my favorite things to do is fishing with my dad. It is so peaceful to be out on the water and dad and I get a chance to really catch up in between catching fish. Some of my fondest memories growing up are when my dad took Chad and I out crappie fishing together. We really had a great time.

Thankfully now, mom and dad have a pond outside their front door which allows me the opportunity to fish everytime I go home to Paris. Now before I go any further, let me answer some questions that I am sure many people have. Yes, I do bait my own hook (worms included). Yes, I do take off my own fish and no, I do not have on makeup. Last week I got a chance to go home and fish a little. Right before we called it a day I caught this huge bass. It was great. We were actually fishing for catfish. Noah and Luke were impressed also.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I see the picture of your claim to have on no make up and I still don't believe it!! I didn't know you liked to fish. We'll have to bring the boys over. They love it!!

Fred and Renee said...

Erica!!!!I am shocked and amazed!! First - you bait your hook, take the fish off ( i would never do that) and you do it WITHOUT MAKEUP ON! I love this blog. You are awesome.

Brandon Owen Gibson said...

Your baiting of your own hook has been a source of awe here in the office. Atta girl!

Unknown said...

Wow! You really ARE the catfish (bass) queen!

Dawn said...

You still look beautiful even without the makeup. :) My father loves to fish too and we spent many hours doing that while growing up, but somehow the love skipped a generation. James is now his fishing buddy. I am impressed with that fish though. Its very large!